At Bibby we endeavour to advertise all vacancies internally in the first instance in order to allow current colleagues the opportunity to apply for promotion or similar roles. All roles are circulated on a weekly basis internally and emailed to all depots. We recognise not all vacancies will be filled internally and why we are working in partnership with Blue Octopus to attract fresh new people to the business.
Class 1 Day Driver
Closing Date: 23/05/2018
An excellent opportunity exists for a Class 1 Driver to join our Crewe Depot.
Scope and Purpose of the role
Undertake delivery / collection of product on behalf of Bibby Distribution Limited (‘’BDL’’) and its customers. Driving company vehicles to agreed standards and following all Health & Safety (H&S) requirements. Ensuring all driving regulations & other compliance standards are maintained. To drive safely and efficiently whilst adhering to Highway Code guidelines and the Road Traffic Act.
The successful candidates duties will be delivering into The Wirral, Merseyside and North West on a daily 'Milk Run' delivering and collecting on behalf of Unipart Rail.
There is also a requirement for the successfull candidate to cover other routes as required, (holiday relief, sickness cover and operational requirements) & to cover for our night driver during his holiday periods, this will entail taking the trunk vehicle to Doncaster & return to load the day vehicles.
- General driving duties, observing current legal and best practice delivering and collection to/from our customer’s premises or other BDL locations.
- Wearing correct company uniform & PPE (clean & in good repair).
- Maintaining a professional standard when representing BDL whilst delivering, driving or collecting products.
- Carry out pre-use checks prior to using any equipment / vehicle / trailer, complying with appropriate documentation &procedures.
- Comply with any other reasonable requests from Management.
- Good manner and personality, good standard of literacy and numeracy, good standard of house keeping.
- The freight is not standard and requires assessment at every point.
- Occasional nights out as per operational requirements (when covering other drivers holiday periods)
- FLT/Hiab/Moffett licences desirable, but not essential. Training will be given upon completion of a satisfaction probationary period.
- Candidate must have no more than 6 points (current) on their license and no endorsements for DD / DR offence codes.
- Must have a current, valid license appropriate to the category required. (C1 for 7.5t MAM, C for rigid vehicles up to 32 MAM and C+E for articulated vehicles) (MAM maximum authorized Mass)
- Candidates with a non-GB driving license and who live in GB must provide evidence of a GB Certificate of registration, which can be obtained free from the DVLA on submission of Form D9.
- Must be capable of passing a company driving assessment.
- Must have experience of loading / unloading and delivering goods to customer premises. Experience of multi-drop deliveries desirable.
- A reasonable geographical knowledge of the UK.
- Good understanding of Drivers Hours & WTD regulations.
- A current Driver Qualification Card and preferably have accrued sufficient hours towards the next qualification period.
- Must have a current /working digi-tacho card.
- Must be able to pass a company medical.