At Bibby we endeavour to advertise all vacancies internally in the first instance in order to allow current colleagues the opportunity to apply for promotion or similar roles. All roles are circulated on a weekly basis internally and emailed to all depots. We recognise not all vacancies will be filled internally and why we are working in partnership with Blue Octopus to attract fresh new people to the business.
Class 1 Day Driver
Closing Date: 23/05/2018
Excellent opportunities exist within Bibby Distribution Ltd for two Class 1 Drivers to join our team, based at our Louth Depot.
Scope and Purpose of the role
Undertake delivery / collection of product on behalf of Bibby Distribution Limited (‘’BDL’’) and its customers. Driving company vehicles to agreed standards and following all Health & Safety (H&S) requirements. Ensuring all driving regulations & other compliance standards are maintained. To drive safely and efficiently whilst adhering to Highway Code guidelines and the Road Traffic Act.
Based on a 50 hour week Monday - Friday.Key Duties and Accountabilities (will include but not be limited to)
- General driving duties, observing current legal and best practice delivering and collection to/from our customer’s premises or other BDL locations.
- Wearing correct company uniform & PPE (clean & in good repair).
- Maintaining a professional standard when representing BDL whilst delivering, driving or collecting products.
- Carry out pre-use checks prior to using any equipment / vehicle / trailer, complying with appropriate documentation &procedures.
- Comply with any other reasonable requests from Management.
- Candidate must have no more than 6 points (current) on their license and no endorsements for DD / DR offence codes.
- Must have a current, valid license appropriate to the category required. (C1 for 7.5t MAM, C for rigid vehicles up to 32 MAM and C+E for articulated vehicles) (MAM maximum authorized Mass)
- Candidates with a non-GB driving license and who live in GB must provide evidence of a GB Certificate of registration, which can be obtained free from the DVLA on submission of Form D9.
- Must be capable of passing a company driving assessment.
- Must have experience of loading / unloading and delivering goods to customer premises. Experience of multi-drop deliveries desirable.
- A reasonable geographical knowledge of the UK.
- Good understanding of Drivers Hours & WTD regulations.
- A current Driver Qualification Card and preferably have accrued sufficient hours towards the next qualification period.
- Must have a current /working digi-tacho card.
- Must be able to pass a company medical.
If you are interested in the position and hold the correct experience and qualifications please attach your CV.