At Bibby we endeavour to advertise all vacancies internally in the first instance in order to allow current colleagues the opportunity to apply for promotion or similar roles. All roles are circulated on a weekly basis internally and emailed to all depots. We recognise not all vacancies will be filled internally and why we are working in partnership with Blue Octopus to attract fresh new people to the business.
Class 1 Day Driver
Closing Date: 15/08/2018
Excellent opportunities exist within Bibby Distribution Limited for 4 Class 1 Drivers to become part of our operation, based at our Corby Depot. committed to providing a first class service to our customers.
You should be able to demonstrate a high level of driving competence, a flexible “can-do” approach to your work, an understanding of the law relating to drivers hours, working time directive and tachograph regulations. In addition the ideal candidates should possess the ability to work with minimal supervision and excellent customer service skills.
Multi user depot delivering & collecting ambient palletised goods to the retail sector. Both timed and untimed activities. This is a 24/7 operation.
- Based on a 48 hour week
- Overtime available
- Any 5 from 7
- 28 days holiday per annum including bank holidays
- General driving duties, observing current legal and best practice delivering and collection to/from our customer’s premises or other BDL locations.
- Wearing correct company uniform & PPE (clean & in good repair).
- Maintaining a professional standard when representing BDL whilst delivering, driving or collecting products.
- Carry out pre-use checks prior to using any equipment / vehicle / trailer, complying with appropriate documentation &procedures.
- Reporting of any vehicle defects / damage or H&S issues to BDL management.
- Ensuring that vehicle loads are safe and damage free, secured with the appropriate restraints as per company procedures / Safe Systems of Work.
- Check/ complete /retain and hand over all load documentation/POD’s and delivery paperwork.
- Ensure that the returned goods process is followed at all times.
- Provide relevant feedback to management on information gathered whilst completing your duties.
- Maintain vehicle cleanliness using all equipment safely as specified in operating procedures and Safe Systems of Work.
- Comply with all EU drivers’ hours/tachograph / WTD regulations. (including GB Domestic where appropriate).
- Adhere to all H&S rules. Comply with other sites rules and maintain high standards of compliance, hygiene and housekeeping.
- Operate in accordance with BDL’s policies and procedures.
- Nights out may be required in line with operational requirements.
- Comply with any other reasonable requests from Management.
Key Experience and Qualifications:
- At least 2 years relevant driving experience.
- Candidate must have no more than 6 points (current) on their license and no endorsements for DD / DR offence codes.
- Must have a current, valid license appropriate to the category required. (C1 for 7.5t MAM, C for rigid vehicles up to 32 MAM and C+E for articulated vehicles) (MAM maximum authorized Mass)
- Candidates with a non-GB driving license and who live in GB must provide evidence of a GB Certificate of registration, which can be obtained free from the DVLA on submission of Form D9.
- Must be capable of passing a company driving assessment.
- Must have experience of loading / unloading and delivering goods to customer premises. Experience of multi-drop deliveries desirable.
- A reasonable geographical knowledge of the UK.
- Good understanding of Drivers Hours & WTD regulations.
- A current Driver Qualification Card and preferably have accrued sufficient hours towards the next qualification period.
- Must have a current /working digi-tacho card.
- Must be able to pass a company medical.
Technical skills and behavioral competencies:
- Excellent driving skills.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- Good customer service and communication skills.
- Health and Safety conscious. Demonstrate BDL company values.
- Ability to complete record sheets and paperwork accurately.
- Reasonable level of fitness to work with loads.
- Trustworthy and reliable.
- Demonstrate a reasonable standard of numeracy & literacy.