At Bibby we endeavour to advertise all vacancies internally in the first instance in order to allow current colleagues the opportunity to apply for promotion or similar roles. All roles are circulated on a weekly basis internally and emailed to all depots. We recognise not all vacancies will be filled internally and why we are working in partnership with Blue Octopus to attract fresh new people to the business.
Closing Date: 28/05/2018
An excellent opportunity exists within Bibby Distribution Ltd for a Maintenance Controller to join the Fleet Team.This is a varied role, which requires travel to depots and suppliers primarily within Northern Ireland.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the day to day management of the fleet maintenance and damage spend, supported by the Fleet & Engineering Manager. The ideal candidate will have a Fleet industry background with experience in cost control, mechanical and repair procedures within the tanker industry and have good organisational and negotiation skills with experience within a similar role.
Scope and Purpose of the Role:
Reporting to the Head of Fleet, this role will support the business by controlling and authorising all aspects of maintenance and damage spend, budget control and supplier management.
Key aspects of this role will be managing maintenance suppliers and authorising repair expenditure within a fleet that is diverse within its specification and geographic location.
The job holder will develop excellent relationships with customers, suppliers and key stakeholders within the business in order to deliver best in class control of maintenance expenditure and supplier management. They will strive to continually improve the engineering related standards provided to the Company by ensuring engagement and co-operation across all sites and suppliers.
Managing and challenging maintenance and damage charges they will optimise value and reduce whole life costs, thereby maximising profit to the business.
The role will ensure that all legislative and regulatory requirements are upheld and the highest standards of health and safety are maintained at all times.
The role will demonstrate Bibby values and behaviours at all times.
Key Duties and Accountabilities (will include but not be limited to):
- To support the business by delivering a business wide technical capability for fleet engineering.
- Managing suppliers to ensure the cost effective and timely repair of fleet assets.
- To allocate jobs to suppliers ensuring quality of work and pricing is correct and accurate to agreed contracted terms.
- Reduce damage and maintenance spend through supplier SLA’s, reducing costs and challenging repair standards.
- To understand and identify services which are classed as warranty, damage, and maintenance, and interact with repair and maintenance contract providers as appropriate.
- Physically viewing large damage items and designing repair solutions that reduce cost whilst maintaining fleet compliance.
- Investigating unallocated damage events and ensuring the damaging depot receives the charges based on evidence and usage from telematics systems.
- Build and maintain excellent customer relationships with clients and stakeholders in order to develop a constantly improving service.
- Produce and constantly review KPI’s in order to manage the performance of the suppliers, seeking opportunities for continual improvement.
- Provide operational and technical support to General Managers and Depot Managers on engineering matters as required.
- Ensure Company has robust control processes and procedures in place to control damage spend and ensure these are adhered to.
- Actively control/manage processes to minimise legal, statutory and commercial risks to the business. Ensure all legislative and regulatory requirements are communicated to the business and are met with particular emphasis on maintenance schedules and records.
- Manage, advise and interact with third party service providers and legal/compliance agencies.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives and opportunities to help and assist the service provision from Fleet Management to both operators and the customer.
- Provide a safe working environment, seeking opportunities to raise the profile of Health and Safety across the business.
Key qualifications and experience necessary:
- Experienced professional with relevant qualifications e.g. HNC Motor Vehicle Technology/BTEC Motor Vehicle Management who has thorough understanding of Transport engineering
- Demonstrable experience of customer/stakeholder relationship management
- Has excellent understanding of engineering relating to road equipment
- Full understanding of industry legislative and compliance regulations
- Maintenance cost negotiation and supplier management
- Certificate of Professional Competence in Road Transport (CPC)
- Business standard IT competence including Microsoft Applications