At Bibby we endeavour to advertise all vacancies internally in the first instance in order to allow current colleagues the opportunity to apply for promotion or similar roles. All roles are circulated on a weekly basis internally and emailed to all depots. We recognise not all vacancies will be filled internally and why we are working in partnership with Blue Octopus to attract fresh new people to the business.
Salary: £30,000 - £34,000
Closing Date: 30/05/2018
|Scope and Purpose of the Role|
|Responsible for the overall upkeep of a busy depot, you will manage and control all aspects of operations allocated to the site, strategising improvements, achieving KPI targets and ensuring the development of staff and general depot efficiencies. You will lead and develop all activities to deliver sustainable and profitable growth for your depot, ensuring optimal cost and service levels are achieved.|
This role will ensure that all legislative and regulatory requirements are upheld and the highest standards of health and safety are maintained at all times.
|Key Duties and Accountabilities (will include but not be limited to)|
Key Experience and Qualifications:Technical skills and behavioural competencies:
- Manage & support an effective operational process, which ensures integrity of customer / suppliers service requirements.
- Manage commercial aspects of a transport operation to meet profit and service/quality targets.
- Uphold and maintain highest standards of Health & Safety
- Allocating and managing staff resources according to changing needs with the ability to provide adequate cover at a planning level;
- Ensure effective and efficient use of driver and vehicle resources.
- Ensuring customer requirements are administered in a timely, controlled and recorded manner
- Build and develop customer relationships on a day to day basis
- Input and verify the figures into the WPE’s (weekly profit estimates)
- Analyse and understand the cash flow within the depot
- Chase debts with customers – debtor days
- Consider the operational movements in the context of the Bibby network and seek opportunities to reduce empty running and improve efficiency
- Complete periodic reviews of the delivery schedule in line with all customers strategic changes
- Analysing data to monitor performance and plan improvements.
- Promote effective and efficient standards of work, in order to comply with transport legislation, company policy and Health & Safety legislation
- Uphold highest standards of H&S, ensure all inductions and regular training is completed and logged
- Preparing and submitting various KPI reports
- Be proactive in achieving improved fuel efficiency and better MPG
- Manage tachograph infringements to ensure full compliance
- Ensure all aspects of maintenance (tyre checks, servicing, MOT etc) is compliant to the maintenance manual and the law
- Complete accident reports and be able to update risk assessments, contributing to a positive safety culture
- Support the personal development of all people employed on the Depot. Carry out performance reviews with the operational management team, identifying training needs
- Create an effective working environment building a diverse, well- balanced team.
- Supporting with continuous improvement and new business wins outside prime work
- Location inclusive SMART operations.
- Financial and Budget responsibilities
- Customer Focused
- Excellent communication skills
- Good Business acumen, with the ability to produce and understand Finance and Management Reporting
- Planning and organising
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Problem solving and decision making
- Continually improving
- Maintains a positive attitude in a fast paced environment