At Bibby we endeavour to advertise all vacancies internally in the first instance in order to allow current colleagues the opportunity to apply for promotion or similar roles. All roles are circulated on a weekly basis internally and emailed to all depots. We recognise not all vacancies will be filled internally and why we are working in partnership with Blue Octopus to attract fresh new people to the business.
Class 1 Driver
Closing Date: 06/06/2018
We have an excellent opportunity within Bibby Distribution Limited based at our Avonmouth Depot, for a Class 1 Driver to become part of our operation, committed to providing a first class service to our customers. Any 5 from 7, working 10 hour shifts.
You should be able to demonstrate a high level of driving competence, a flexible “can-do” approach to your work, an understanding of the law relating to drivers hours, working time directive and tachograph regulations. In addition the ideal candidates should possess the ability to work with minimal supervision and excellent customer service skills.
On days you will be delivering loads to dairies, some dairies require help in unloading, most drops are drop and swap trailers.
- Based on a 50 hour week
- Overtime available
- Any 5 from 7
- 25 days holiday per annum including bank holidays
- General driving duties, observing current legal and best practice delivering and collection to/from our customer’s premises or other BDL locations.
- Wearing correct company uniform & PPE (clean & in good repair).
- Maintaining a professional standard when representing BDL whilst delivering, driving or collecting products.
- Carry out pre-use checks prior to using any equipment / vehicle / trailer, complying with appropriate documentation &procedures.
- Reporting of any vehicle defects / damage or H&S issues to BDL management.
- Ensuring that vehicle loads are safe and damage free, secured with the appropriate restraints as per company procedures / Safe Systems of Work.
- Check/ complete /retain and hand over all load documentation/POD’s and delivery paperwork.
- Ensure that the returned goods process is followed at all times.
- Provide relevant feedback to management on information gathered whilst completing your duties.
- Maintain vehicle cleanliness using all equipment safely as specified in operating procedures and Safe Systems of Work.
- Comply with all EU drivers’ hours/tachograph / WTD regulations. (including GB Domestic where appropriate).
- Adhere to all H&S rules. Comply with other sites rules and maintain high standards of compliance, hygiene and housekeeping.
- Operate in accordance with BDL’s policies and procedures.
- Nights out may be required in line with operational requirements.
- Comply with any other reasonable requests from Management.