At Bibby we endeavour to advertise all vacancies internally in the first instance in order to allow current colleagues the opportunity to apply for promotion or similar roles. All roles are circulated on a weekly basis internally and emailed to all depots. We recognise not all vacancies will be filled internally and why we are working in partnership with Blue Octopus to attract fresh new people to the business.
Class 1 Driver - Days
Closing Date: 07/06/2018
You should be able to fully demonstrate a high level of driving competence and have a flexible approach to your work. Undertaking the delivery / collection of product on behalf of Bibby Distribution Limited and its customers.
- To ensure that all company Health & Safety policies are adhered to by you and others at all times.
- Ensure all aspects safety and customer site rules are adhered to.
- Responsible for the security of any products carried whilst in transit.
- To drive defensively and fuel efficiently at all times.
- Ensuring all delivery and collection notes and paperwork are correct.
- Provide accurate paperwork relevant to debriefing of allocated jobs.
- Ensuring all transport legislation including driver’s hours and vehicle defect reporting is adhered to.
- Provide an exceptional standard of service to our customers.
- To adopt a proactive approach to ensure all issues concerns and improvements are communicated to all parties in a timely manner.
- To carry out any other reasonable request as detailed by the Transport Management Team.
- Maintain cleanliness of company vehicles and wear Uniform and any PPE provided
- Requirement to manually self load and unload throughout shift
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Current and valid LGV Licence.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience.
- An understanding of the law relating to drivers hours regulations and Tachograph law is essential; as is the ability to work with minimum supervision, DCPC hours essential.
- Good communication & organisational skills.
If you have experience in the above requirements, have a flexible approach and are a team player with the ability to work with minimal supervision. Please apply with a covering letter and CV for the above position. Both Night and day shifts available.
Please note offers to all new starters of the company will be subject to pre-employment medical checks (inc. Drug & Alcohol Tests)