At Bibby we endeavour to advertise all vacancies internally in the first instance in order to allow current colleagues the opportunity to apply for promotion or similar roles. All roles are circulated on a weekly basis internally and emailed to all depots. We recognise not all vacancies will be filled internally and why we are working in partnership with Blue Octopus to attract fresh new people to the business.
Transport Operator (Nights)
Location: Milton Keynes
Closing Date: 07/06/2018
|Bibby Distribution have an opening at our Milton Keynes ball packaging contract for a Transport Operator (Nights)you will be|
Overseeing all aspects of the distribution and the despatch process, including customer service and administration.
|Key Duties and Accountabilities (will include but not be limited to)|
- Maintenance and Management of the Transport Management System (TMS).
- Ensure effective and efficient use of driver and vehicle resources.
- Ensuring customer requirements are administered in a timely, controlled and recorded manner.
- Liaise, support and develop effective working relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Promote effective and efficient standards of work, in order to comply with transport legislation, company policy and Health & Safety legislation.
- Promotion and adherence to site policy and procedure.
- Managing Driver hours, WTD rules.
- To carry out investigations or incident reports in relation to any vehicle incidents when necessary.
- Ensure all agency drivers are inducted correctly and Compliance is monitored.
- Manage tachograph infringements to ensure full compliance.
- Manage driver briefing / de-briefing including downloading driver digicards.
- Co-ordinate drivers including managing holiday and sickness cover.
- Query investigation and resolution.
- Preparing and submitting various KPI reports.
- Record, monitor & be proactive in achieving improved fuel efficiency and better MPG.
- Writing and issuing of any driver procedures and site processes.
- Cross functional interaction (Warehouse / Drivers or Contractors / Customers).
- Undertake any other duties that are reasonably requested.
- Participation in project work.
Key Experience and Qualifications:
- Good communication skills are essential with the ability to express empathy with customers
- Excellent written and verbal skills are essential.
- Experience resolving disputes in a fair and calm manner and be able to identify issues, which could potentially become problematic and avoid situations arising.
- Report writing on Customer Service activity and proposed recommendations on how improvements could be made for the benefit of the company and its customers.
- planning or scheduling experience
- Knowledge of Drivers Hours, Tachograph and WTD legislation.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety.
- Knowledge of transport systems.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Ability to grasp new ideas, develop and assist in implementing better working practices and methods.
Technical skills and behavioural competencies:
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Confidence, tact and a persuasive manner
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Good ‘people skills’ for working with a range of colleagues and customers.
- A professional manner
- Develop a level of trust and support with all colleagues to ensure conflict situations do not arise
- Excellent computer literacy (Microsoft Office, Word & Excel).
- Ability to work on own initiative, demonstrates organisational skills.
- Change management skills
- Commitment to role and site objectives.
- Always strive to improve personally and professionally.
4 on 4 off, 7pm - 7am.