At Bibby we endeavour to advertise all vacancies internally in the first instance in order to allow current colleagues the opportunity to apply for promotion or similar roles. All roles are circulated on a weekly basis internally and emailed to all depots. We recognise not all vacancies will be filled internally and why we are working in partnership with Blue Octopus to attract fresh new people to the business.
Closing Date: 08/06/2018
An excellent opportunity exists within Bibby Distribution based at our Harlow site for a Transport Planner. The job holders will be responsible arranging the delivery of the customer’s product on time and in full using the most cost effective means possible and best use of available resources, whilst complying with Transport Legislation and Health & Safety.
Maximising the utilisation of the Bibby Fleet through efficient planning of deliveries and collections as well as maximised utilisation of Bibby drivers in line with current driver’s hours and WTD legislation.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Plan all relevant customer deliveries utilising the software available at site to ensure delivery windows are met.
- Liaise with the Driver in relation to delays and possible issues with delivery.
- Liaise with the Customer in relation to delays and possible issues with delivery.
- Develop back haul lanes with both BDL depots and 3rd party customers whilst maintaining fleet utilisation.
- Source local agency drivers as and when required providing an accurate brief of job required.
- Source local sub contractors as and when required.
- Complete a late load report in line with operational requirements and deadlines.
- Ensure loads meet safety standards.
- Manage the Drivers ensuring start times are adhered to
- Manage WTD Compliance
- Comply with all Transport legislation reducing tachograph infringements to below the company target and adhering to WTD regulations.
- Conduct regular meetings/ reviews including probation assessments and return to work interviews.
- Ensure compliance with Agency Driver checklist.
- Communicate routes to and liaise with other Bibby Depots
- Seasonal planning
- Resolve Customer queries / complaints
- Record trailer information on all inbound/outbound deliveries and stand trailers.
- Administration of run shifts (file/ update)
- Fully understand agreed KPI’s for Department
- All other transport office related duties
- Experience of working in a busy Transport office
- Knowledge of Drivers Hours, Tachograph and WTD legislation
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement.
- Good standard of education
- IT literate
- Knowledge of Health & Safety
- Commercial understanding
- Knowledge of transport systems.
The ideal candidate will be capable of working in a pressurised environment with excellent computer skills and will be looking to develop a career within an operational environment.
Predominately Monday – Friday, 08:00 – 19:00 based on a 45 Hour week.with a 30 Min lunch break
20 days Holidays + 8 Days bank holiday