At Bibby we endeavour to advertise all vacancies internally in the first instance in order to allow current colleagues the opportunity to apply for promotion or similar roles. All roles are circulated on a weekly basis internally and emailed to all depots. We recognise not all vacancies will be filled internally and why we are working in partnership with Blue Octopus to attract fresh new people to the business.
Closing Date: 08/06/2018
Opportunities have arisen for a Weekend Transport Planner to join Bibby Distribution Ltd based out of our Louth Depot.
|Key Duties and Accountabilities (will include but not be limited to)|
- Plan all relevant customer deliveries utilizing the software available at site to ensure delivery windows are met.
- Liaise with the Driver in relation to delays and possible issues with delivery.
- Liaise with the Customer in relation to delays and possible issues with delivery.
- Develop back haul lanes with both BDL depots and 3rd party customers whilst maintaining fleet utilization.
- Source local agency drivers as and when required (in conjunction with our PSL) providing an accurate brief of job required.
- Source local sub contractors as and when required.
- Complete a late load report in line with operational requirements and deadlines.
- Ensure loads meet safety standards.
- Manage the Drivers ensuring start times are adhered to
- Pre-Brief Drivers to ensure that they fully understand their instructions.
- De-Brief Drivers upon their return to ensure that all documentation has been completed correctly.
- Manage WTD Compliance
- Download Driver cards for analysis
- Comply with all Transport legislation reducing tachograph infringements to below the company target and adhering to WTD regulations.
- Conduct regular meetings/ reviews including probation assessments and return to work interviews.
- Ensure compliance with Agency Driver checklist.
- Communicate routes to and liaise with other Bibby Depots
- Record trailer information on all inbound/outbound deliveries and stand trailers.
- Administration of run shifts (file/ update globally)
- Fully understand agreed KPI’s for Department
- All other transport office related duties
Key Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience of working in a busy Transport office
- Knowledge of Drivers Hours, Tachograph and WTD legislation
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement.
- Good standard of education
- IT literate
- Knowledge of Health & Safety
- Commercial understanding
- Knowledge of transport systems.
Technical skills and behavioral competencies:
- Team Player
- Good communication skills
- Lateral thinker
- Works well under pressure
- Ability to prioritize
- Able to develop relationships with others (both internal and external)
- Problem solving and decision making skills.
- People management skills
- Self starter who works on their own initiative
Friday - Monday: 8am - 6pm / 2pm - 10pm